Whether you’re replacing a broken, old unit, being proactive and installing a new model, or switching to a tankless water heater, our skilled technicians can answer any of your questions and, generally, get your hot water heater installed the same day you call us.
Most importantly, our technicians are local to the area, which means they are up-to-date on all local plumbing codes, safety regulations and regional installation trends.
We install Rheem water heaters, and are an official service provider for Salem.
We look forward to helping you in Salem. Please keep in mind, while we can quote you a starting price over the phone, we are not able to give a final price until a technician is at your home and can see your unique setup. If you’re happy with the final price, your technician will get to work immediately. But due to this uncertainty, our appointments are no cost and no obligation.
Give us a call or fill out the form below to receive more information about a water heater replacement or installation in Salem.
Salem Water Heater repair
Typically, a water heater comes with a warranty anywhere from 5-15 years on parts. For this reason, if you start experiencing issues, try to find your water heater model & serial numbers so we can determine if it is still under warranty. Our service technicians are local to Fairfield and are familiar with most regional heater applications, brands and models.
It’s important to note, if your existing model is more than 10 years old, it’s probably nearing its last legs. Considering the cost of labor, rather than repairing it, a more prudent financial choice might be to just replace the water heater.
In Salem, common water heater repairs and maintenance include:
- Replace the thermocouple – Sometimes a fix is as simple as one small part. This is often the case when a water heater isn’t heating water; typically it just needs a replacement thermocouple, which allows the heater to take in gas.
- Replace the anode rod – Over time, the minerals in your water and pressure in your tank will cause corrosion of your water heater. Anode rods prevent tank corrosion because they attract the corrosive elements, keeping them away from the storage tank. The installation of dual anode rods, or a replacement can extend the life of your heater.
- Pilot light – This simple mechanism is also responsible for lots of water heater repairs. Sometimes the light can simply go out and just needs to be re-lit. Other times, the assembly has failed, and must be replaced.
- Drain storage tank – Some newer water heaters have self-cleaning tanks, however, older ones need to be drained yearly to prevent a sediment build-up. If you fail to drain the sediment, eventually the mineral deposits will collect and shorten the useful life of your water heater.
Rebates and Specials
Fast Water Heater Company frequently partners with utility companies around Portland to offer savings on more energy efficient water heating solutions, in the form of rebates.
These rebates are great because the water heaters utilize energy more efficiently, and save you money as a result.
Check below for water heater specials and rebates in the greater Portland area:
Energy Trust of Oregon (ETO) Rebates
- Tier 1 Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters: ETO offers a $150 rebate on a Tier 1 electric heat pump water heaters.
- Tier 2 & 3 Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters: ETO offers a $300 rebate on a Tier 2 & 3 electric heat pump water heaters.
*Must replace an existing electric water heater and be installed by a Smart Water Heat rebate eligible contractor.
- Energy Star Gas Tank Water Heaters: ETO offers a $100 rebate on Energy Star gas water heaters with an efficiency rating of .67 or more
Learn more about Energy Trust of Oregon Water Heater Rebates
State of Oregon Income Tax Credit
- The State of Oregon is offering a tax credit for the installation of gas tankless water heaters:
- $225 State tax credit for EF of .82-.849
- $245 State tax credit for EF of .85 or more
- The State of Oregon is offering a tax credit for heat pump water heaters:
- $300 State tax credit for Tier 1 heat pump water heaters
- $600 State tax credit for Tier 2 heat pump water heaters (GE/Rheem)
- The State of Oregon is offering a tax credit for the installation of gas tank water heaters
- $125 State tax credit for EF of .67-.69
- $175 State tax credit for EF of .70 or more
Learn more about the State of Oregon Tax Credit
Contact your local rep now!
"*" indicates required fields